Monday, May 26, 2008

The Rewards of a Positive Outlook

"First of all, a positive mental attitude is the fixed purpose to make every experience, whether it is pleasant or unpleasant, yield some form of benefit which will help us to balance our lives with all the things which lead to peace of mind."
- Napolean Hill, "You Can Work Your Own Miracles"

Change, in life, is constant. However, when we experience major life shifts (like losing a job, a loved one, making a major move, experiencing great financial or personal difficulties), one of the first things we ask is "Why?" We want to know why and we want it to stop NOW! The person who rises above and out of these situations the quickest is the person who, instead of asking "Why?" asks "What?"

"What can be gained from this experience?"
"What is this here to teach me?"
"What can I do to build upon where I am so I never have to be in this place again?"
"What's next and how I am I going to take the lead in creating my life my way?"

The person who triumphs over adversity is NOT the person who fights it but the person who uses it to their advantage. Think about that as you undergo a major life change. In every bad situation, there is a seed of an equivalent advantage that, once activated, will turn everything around for you. Spend your time looking for and growing that seed of advantage and not the seed of despair, misery, or regret.

Your future is today! Use it and build your life your way!

Kassandra Vaughn, the ROI Coach

No comments: